Town of Caledon Council unanimously approved the 2023 budget at the February 28th Council meeting.
The budget carries a tax rate increase, inclusive of the Region of Peel and School Boards portions, of 2.39 percent. The result is an increase for a “typical” Caledon household of $130.00 per year.
The Town’s news release lists the following as key capital investments:
- Library materials and collections
- Improvements to recreation facilities
- Investments in Fire Stations and Operations yards
- Stormwater management program
- Grange Road, Dominion Street and Main Street reconstructions
- Traffic calming and cycling infrastructure
- Fire trucks and equipment
- Gravel resurfacing and surface treatment program for our roads
And the following as key operational investments:
- Caledon East Community Centre
- Firefighter recruitment and volunteer training
- Operations staffing to ensure roads meet regulatory requirements
An updated final budget document will be made available soon.
The post Caledon Council Approves 2023 Budget: Increase of 2.39 Percent appeared first on Just Sayin’ Caledon.