Officers from the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Caledon Detachment were on proactive patrol when they located a stolen vehicle and suspects in the Town of Caledon.
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 5:20pm, officers were conducting proactive patrol in Bolton when they located a reported stolen vehicle in a parking lot. There were two occupants in the vehicle at the time and officers took immediate steps to block the vehicle in preventing a pursuit.
As officers were in the process of arresting the vehicle occupants one subject fled on foot but was quickly located and secured.
A large amount of stolen property was recovered in the vehicle including various pieces of stolen identification, credit cards and break-in instruments.
A 39-year old from Brampton has been charged with:
· Fail to Comply with Release Order
· Fail to Comply with Probation Order
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
· Possession of Stolen Identity Document
· Possession of Stolen Credit Card
· Possession of Break-In Instruments
· Possession of Methamphetamine
· Possess Automobile Master Key
· Escape Lawful Custody
· Flight From Police
A 39-year old from Mississauga has been charged with:
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
• Possession of Stolen Identity Document
• Possession of Break-In Instruments
• Possess Automobile Master Key
Caledon residents are reminded not to leave wallets, credit cards or other pieces of banking or identification in their unattended vehicles.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to contact the Caledon OPP Detachment at (905) 584-2241 or toll free at 1-888-310-1122.
You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Peel Crime Stoppers at: 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
When you contact Crime Stoppers you stay anonymous and never have to testify.
The post Stolen Car Arrest Leads To Numerous Charges By Caledon OPP appeared first on Just Sayin’ Caledon.