On January 26th at Regional Council, the proposed 2023 Operating and Capital Budgets for Housing Support, Waste Management, Paramedic Services, Seniors Services, Public Health, Early Years and Child Care, Water and Wastewater, and Transportation were presented.
- Implementing the Housing Master Plan to create more affordable housing
- Grants for developers to create more affordable rental housing units
- The Wilkinson Road Men’s Shelter Redevelopment to reduce street homelessness
- Ensuring the state of good repair of the Peel Living housing stock
- 2023-2026 Housing Support Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- Design and construction of a new Mixed Waste Processing Facility
- Zero Emissions Vehicle pilot to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Maintenance of facilities and equipment to ensure a state of good repair
- 2023-2026 Waste Management Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- Addition of 44 new paramedics to address the growth in call volume and four more 24/7 ambulances on the road
- Land acquisition for sixth reporting station and one additional satellite station
- Enhancements and state of good repair for ambulances, other fleet, and equipment
- New ambulances and equipment replacements to support growth
- 2023-2026 Paramedic Services Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- Expansion of the virtual delivery of Adult Day Services and introduction of short-stay respite, supporting the operationalization of the Seniors Health and Wellness Village
- Replacement of kitchen appliances, flooring, washrooms, and furniture across various Long Term Care Homes
- 2023-2026 Seniors Services Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- To prevent and control COVID-19, ensuring there is infrastructure for: future emergencies, to help achieve stability across Public Health, and to meet projected COVID-19 vaccination demands
- Increased capacity to work with community partners on Community Safety and Wellbeing
- Three clinics for the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program
- 2023-2026 Public Health Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- Roll out Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care plan to reduce the cost of child care by 2025
- Maintain Workforce Strategy to address staff shortages and meet the demand for child care in Peel
- State of good repair projects for child care facilities
- 2023-2026 Early Years and Child Care Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- Four front line operators and two additional mechanics to address growth demands
- A health and safety specialist to ensure the effective management of Health and Safety requirements
- Billing system upgrades to address software security challenges
- Installation of electric vehicle charging infrastructure at various Public Works facilities
- Various water main replacements and construction, pumping station rehabilitation and expansions, and expansion of Water Resource Recovery Facilities
- 2023-2026 Water and Wastewater Business Plan and 2023 Budget
- Support to negotiate agreements with Metrolinx to expedite the implementation of higher order transit, and protect Regional infrastructure
- Funding for road construction, road resurfacing, intersection improvements, and active transportation
- Rehabilitation and upgrades to the Region’s stormwater system to adapt to climate change impacts
- Conversions and replacements of various Noise Walls abutting Regional Roads across Peel
- 2023-2026 Transportation Business Plan and 2023 Budget
On Feb. 2, the Regional Council budget meeting will continue with presentations for the Conservation Authorities.
The Regional Council Budget meeting(s) are open to the public and residents may attend. The meeting will also be live streamed on peelregion.ca.
Copies of the proposed 2023 Regional Operating and Capital Budgets are available at peelregion.ca/budget.
The post Highlights from Day Two of the Region of Peel’s 2023 Budget Presentations appeared first on Just Sayin’ Caledon.