The Region of Peel’s Garbage Exemption period will take place from September 12 to September 22.
During a garbage exemption period:
- There is no maximum amount of acceptable garbage you can put on the curb.
- Garbage bag tags are not required.
- Extra garbage is collected only on your garbage collection day, not recycling day.
To find your garbage exemption day:
- Check your collection calendar.
- Receive convenient and free weekly collection reminders by email, text message, or phone call.
In order to be picked up, an extra garbage bag cannot:
- Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
- Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.