What are we doing?
- Crack sealing is a process using hot rubberized sealant to seal cracks in an asphalt surface.
- The process includes routing existing cracks to “clean up” the edges of a crack and provide more control of the rubber compound as it penetrates into the crack.
- Asphalt debris may be encountered as a result of this work, but it will migrate to the shoulders shortly after the work is complete.
The following roads will have crack sealing completed this year:
- Shaw’s Creek Road – Charleston Sideroad to Caledon East Garafraxa Town Line
- Kennedy Road – Highpoint Sideroad to Highway 9
- Kennedy Road – Old School Road to King Street
- Horsheshoe Hill Road – Beech Grove Sideroad to Highway 9
- Centreville Creek Road – Healey Road to King Street
- Castlederg Sideroad – Innis Lake Road to Centerville Creek Road
- Caledon-King Town Line – King St to Columbia Way
- Linn Road – Between both halves of Bartley Drive
- Bartley Drive – Old Church Road to Humber Station Road
Note: Completion of all road sections are dependent on budget availability.
- To stop water and other liquid chemicals from migrating into the gravel base of the road which leads to potholes and other asphalt failures.
- This work is anticipated to start August 25, 2022 and be completed by September 2, 2022 weather permitting. The Contractor is expected to be on-site Monday through Friday for the working week.
- We apologize in advance for the short notice. The contractor’s work schedule has changed, and we are able to complete this work while the weather is very favourable.
Who can you call?
Town of Caledon
- Lisa Wooldridge – Operations Coordinator – 905-584-2272 ext. 4410
- Service Caledon – 905-584-2272 ext. 7750
Contractor – Northern Contracting
- Adam Malpass – Project Supervisor – 705-975-0736
Traffic and Parking Control
- We will need to reduce traffic on roads being crack sealed to a single lane during construction and Traffic Control persons will be used with proper signage. Expect delays while driving through the construction zone.
- Contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Service Caledon at 905-584-2272 ext. 7750.
The post Crack Sealing of Various Roads appeared first on Just Sayin' Caledon.