The Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) of the Caledon Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has laid charges in relation to thefts from motor vehicles.
In April 2022, Caledon OPP began an investigation into thefts from multiple vehicles. They occurred in Caledon and surrounding areas, including the Southfields Village community within the Town of Caledon. On May 6, 2022, the Caledon CSCU located the vehicle involved in the offences and were successful in making an arrest.
As a result of the investigation, break and enter tools as well as identification from other individuals were seized.
Udhambir SINGH, 23, of Brampton was charged with:
• Possession of break and enter tools
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
• Fail to comply with release order (two counts)
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Orangeville on June 9, 2022 to answer to the charges.
The investigation is continuing. Anyone with additional information are asked to contact the Caledon OPP Community Street Crime Unit at 905-284-2241 or toll-free at 1-888-310-1122. You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.peelcrimestroppers.ca.
Here is a list of the top 10 things crime prevention experts suggest thieves look for when looking for opportunities involving vehicles:
1. Vehicle left running
2. Unlocked doors or trunk
3. Bags of any sort (especially shopping bags around the holiday season)
4. Visible Electronics
5. Phone Chargers showing
6. Loose Change in view
9. Watch or other jewellery
10. Easy access to the trunk from the vehicle cab
Simples steps to decrease the risk of being victimized:
• Never leave a running vehicle unattended
• Lock your doors
• Roll up your windows
• Keep valuables out of sight
• Keep your registration and proof of insurance in your wallet or purse, not in the glove box
• Pocket your keys
• At night or during extended parking periods, always park in a well-lit area.
The post Thefts From Motor Vehicles Investigation Leads to an Arrest appeared first on Just Sayin' Caledon.