A Public Meeting will be held to consider proposed Official Plan Amendment application. Your input and insight will inform and shape plans that meet the needs of our community.
The Town of Caledon is offering a hybrid meeting model offering many ways for you to engage with Council. To participate in-person or virtually, complete the participation form by registering here.
Meeting date: May 10, 2022 | Meeting start time: 7 p.m.
How to participate
Members of the public may participate and learn more about proposed applications and can provide direct input.
How to attend
- Attend In-Person: Members of the public may register to delegate in-person and speak to an item listed on the agenda or sit in the gallery to watch the meeting. Those registering to attend in-person must show proof of full vaccination and government issued identification, wear a face mask at all times unless delegating, and successfully complete the Town’s COVID-19 screening prior to entering Town Hall.
- Virtually: Members of the public are welcome to participate via phone or WebEx Meeting upon request. For more information on how to participate, please visit http://www.caledon.ca/notice or contact the Planning Department. Please note that there are deadlines by which the request to participate need to be made.
For more information on the above 2 options please follow this link.
How to delegate
If you wish to delegate to a specific application listed on the agenda package, please register in advance by completing the electronic registration form.Register to Delegate
Note: Complete and submit your electronic registration form prior to the start of the scheduled public meeting to ensure that your comments are heard during the meeting.
How to submit a written comment
You may submit written comments by uploading them directly through the electronic registration form. If you do not wish to submit your written comments through the electronic registration form, you can e-mail your comments to [email protected] and [email protected] Written comments submitted will be considered public information and will form part of the public record.Submit Written Comments
Note: Submit your written comments prior to the start of the scheduled public meeting.
Speak to Staff
- Contacting Planning staff or the Lead Planner during office hours by phone or email.
- Booking an appointment to visit Town Hall to speak with Planning staff. Visit our development webpage for more information
Applicant and Location
- Applicant: Glen Schnarr & Associates Inc. on behalf of Snell’s Hollow Developers Group
- Location: 3728 Mayfield Road, 12097 Kennedy Road, 12141 Kennedy Road, 0 Heart Lake Road, 0 Kennedy Road, Ward 2
- File Number(s): POPA 2021-0010
To amend the Official Plan designation of the subject lands from Residential Policy Area A and Environmental Policy Area to establish a Snell’s Hollow East Secondary Plan Area permitting a mixture of residential densities (low, medium and high), commercial, open space, storm water management ponds uses, and municipal road network.
The Official Plan Amendment would change the designation of the subject lands from Residential Policy Area A and Environmental Policy Area – Mayfield West Land Use Plan to Snell’s Hollow East Secondary Plan Area – Mayfield West Land Use Plan allowing for mixture of residential densities (low, medium and high), commercial, open space, storm water management ponds uses, and municipal roads.
Sean Kenney, MCIP, RPP
Development and Design
For more information about this matter, please see the 12101 Airport Road and 6034 Mayfield Road webpage or contact the Lead Planner at Town Hall from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to stay informed
6311 Old Church Road
Or via e-mail.
If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, if one is held, or make written submission to the Clerk of the Town of Caledon in respect of the proposed plan of subdivision before the approval authority gives or refuses to give approval to the draft plan of subdivision, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Council of the Town of Caledon to the Ontario Land Tribunal
If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, if one is held, or make written submissions to the Clerk of the Town of Caledon before the approval authority gives or refuses to give approval to the draft plan of subdivision, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
The post Public Meeting: Proposed Rezoning – Mayfield, Kennedy, Heart Lake appeared first on Just Sayin' Caledon.