The bylaw, effective April 26, 2022, means discharging of fireworks for personal use is not allowed in Caledon, nor is the sale of home fireworks.
The bylaw uses a permit system for large fireworks displays such as community events, motion picture and theatrical pyrotechnics. The permit will require the following:
- minimum safe distances of 300m from all vulnerable occupancies (schools, nursing and care facilities), industrial, fuel dispensing facilities and agricultural facilities containing livestock;
- displays be discharged by a licensed Display Supervisor;
- sufficient insurance for liability purposes;
- inspections for safety; and
- fireworks be planned for acceptable times and locations from dusk to 11 p.m. unless otherwise approved.
Any person who violates any provisions of the Fireworks Bylaw is guilty of an offence.
Have questions? Call 311 or read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below.
Review the Fireworks Bylaw.