A new By-law is being proposed to replace the current Business Licensing By-law. The proposed By-law will:
- Update existing licensing requirements for businesses currently regulated such as tow truck, refreshment vehicle and adult entertainment businesses;
- Introduce new licensing provisions for businesses currently unregulated by the Town such as kennels, pet shops (those which offer cats and dogs for sale), impound lots and private transportation companies such as Uber and Lyft (excluding drivers);
- Update enforcement powers of By-law officers and OPP to better protect consumers; and
- Improve administration processes to prevent backlog of applications by introducing 2 year licensing terms and birthday expiry for certain types of licenses, and allowing applicants to submit applications online.
Attend our public meeting on March 23, 2022 at 6:00pm to learn more about this By-law.
Join by phone
- 1-416-216-5643 Canada Toll (Toronto)
- 1-833-311-4101 Canada Toll Free
- Access code: 2633 705 0219
The post Notice of Public Meeting: Business Licensing By-law appeared first on Just Sayin' Caledon.