Officers from the Caledon Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police are investigation a theft of John Deere mini excavator.
On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 officers responded to a reported theft of a John Deere mini excavator. The excavator was left at a construction site in the area of Highway 10 and King Street. The complainant indicated that the excavator was stolen sometime between 3:00 p.m. on Monday, September 27 and 9 a.m. of the following day.
Excavator description: John Deere G50, yellow in colour. The excavator is valued at approximately $100,000.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this theft is asked to contact Caledon OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers to remain anonymous at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can also submit your information online at https://ontariocrimestoppers.
Property crime is a crime of opportunity and prevention is key. To secure your construction equipment, please consider the following:
• Store your equipment somewhere with controlled access
• Ensure the engine compartment area is locked and secure
• Consider visible and audible warning devices to deter thieves, such as alarms
• Use steering wheel and brake pedal locks
• Utilize GPS tracking systems